Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Three times in a row my dog has i think a seisure right

Customer Question
Three times in a...

Three times in a row my dog has i think a seisure right after she eats. She cant stand up and like she doesnt know where she is at. They only last 5 minutes but it take her about 15 minute to walk again.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

There is no type of wound. It only happens after she eats

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

She is a Boston Terrier Lucy and she is 13

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Lucy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy?

She has hip problems and is on Galliprant

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Lucy. This is interesting. I'm going to say that the key to figuring out what is going on is to have your vet view one of these events (if they continue to happen). Can you video her having one of these episodes? Now with all the smart phones out there, owners can catch things that are happening at home and bring the video to their vet to view. Could it be a seizure? It could. Could it be some syncopal event? That is another possibility. Getting her seen by your vet for a physical exam, some blood work and seeing what you're seeing is going to be best here. If they are seizures, then she could benefit from some anti-seizure medication being started up.