Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is a 13 year old Cockapoo and has elevated bile acids and…

Customer Question
He is a 13...

He is a 13 year old Cockapoo and has elevated bile acids and an enlarged liver. He also has arthritis and is on Gabapentin for pain but is still in pain. Dr. cannot add NSAID because of liver issues. He is an active and happy dog, but he is just recovering from a UTI and Pancreatitis. Trying to decide whether or not to continue to treat the pain or do an ultrasound to see if it is cancer.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Cockapoo's name?

Joe Joe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Joe?

He is on Bactril (sp) and another med for the pancreatitis, in addition to the gabapentin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? Has he had x-rays performed?

Looks like you are not currently online to respond. I am about to log off but if you come back online to respond I will be happy to respond to you whenever I log back in. Thank you

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian