Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog scratches incessantly. He does not have fleas because…

Customer Question
My dog scratches incessantly...

My dog scratches incessantly. He does not have fleas because I have another dog and 2 cats and they do not scratch like my first dog Panda, I dont know whats wrong. Where there is no fur his skin is visibly inflamed. Should I take him to a vet and will it be costly?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Panda and he is around 3 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Panda?

No he seems pretty healthy otherwise. He has not had his vaccination this year.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Where exactly on his body is he scratching?

Where is the hair loss and inflammation at?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian