Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a Springer Spaniel 8 years old whose right eye

Customer Question
appears to have a problem...
I have a Springer Spaniel 8 years old whose right eye appears to have a problem. He is also aggressive with it but he is historically an anxious dog. The eye is not bulging and he is still blinking but it appears red where it would normally be brown. He is obviously a little distressed by it as its not normal.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Rick, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. It's important that such an eye be attended to by a vet at your earliest convenience if only because eyes can "go south" in a hurry. Neither of us can know if the redness is caused by trauma, infection, or allergy nor if it represents a superficial problem involving his eyelids, cornea, or conjunctiva or a disorder deeper in his eye such as glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure) or uveitis (inflammation of the iris and its attachments). Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.