Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

This is pretty urgent if you are able to reply quickly...

Customer Question
Hi there, this is...

Hi there, this is pretty urgent if you are able to reply quickly...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

I'd worn pawz rubber boots on my 2.5year old japanese chin it was for about 4 hours, becuse we were outside when i got home, all 4 paws are obviously moist but they also feel so swollen, and there is redness it looks like there's alot of blood near the skin surface <but not bleeding per se> is this a circulation cut off problem and should i be rushign toa vet? *rushing to a vet* she can still feel her legs and paws, definitely. running and moving around but i notice she seems to be rubbing her paws against soft surfaces now nad licking them *and

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog bleeding a lot?

I'm so sorry this happened :( no its not bleeding at all not outwardly no physical blood i can feel just sweat/moist but the paws areVERY swollen

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

She's called Coco, is 2.5 years old and a Japanese Chin We're from Singapore

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?

Not anything else actually; she's extremely healthy and well-fed and taken car eof I neglected the fact that putting on rubber boots with good grip/around her feet can cause circulation problems it's my first time wearing these rubber boots for her i suppose 4 hours is an extended period of time and thus a problem i;m just wondering if i should be rushing to a local vet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Coco, please?

Simply removing the boots should have restablished normal circulation and you should have seen her paws normalize by now.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian