Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He won't eat or drink. We took him to the vet for exam,

Customer Question
He won't eat or...

He won't eat or drink. We took him to the vet for exam, blood panel and x rays, found nothing. Now he's throwing up clear fluid. We have him cerenia and mirtazopine, but he's getting worse.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Nope. Also, he's an 11 year-old boxer

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Apollo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Apollo?

The only thing we found unusual in the blood panel wss slightly low potassium levels. Xray was good.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
He's also drooling constantly and very restless. At this point he hasn't eaten in two days, except for a little bit tonight after w gave him cerenia. But he the that up around eight pm.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I'm sorry to hear of this with Apollo. Can you upload a copy of all of test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but his vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?