Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She might have drank some comet and pine sol mixed in water.

Customer Question
She might have drank...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

My says it sounds like she's trying to throw up.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Just that pine sol/comet water probably 2 gals. of water with around a cup or two of the chemical;s and she drank maybe a couple of licks. Either that or she aprayed the couch for fleas and she sat on the couch and licked her skin before it got vacuumed off.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Goldie she's around 2 but she only weighs about 4 - 5 pounds. She's a tea cup Chihuahua terrier cross.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Goldie?

That's it That I know of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Can you describe the symptoms that Goldie is showing?

It sounds like she's trying to throw up maybe 10 min. ago she drank it about 20 -30 min. ago. Other than that I didn't notice anything .

1- Did you see it drink the comet and pine sol mixture?

2- Has she thrown up?

Now she's acting kind of lethargic, and her nose isn't wet and cold anymore.

Did you see her drink the comet and pine sol mixture or you think she did because she trying to vomit?

Are you there?

It's all good. I think she's going to be ok.