Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog was at the groomers on sunday and they cut the very…

Customer Question
My dog was at...

My dog was at the groomers on sunday and they cut the very tip of his ear off....we took him to the vet and it was cauterized. He is whining at nite and seems very off. Is this painful for him and if it is can you tell me what I can give him for relief without going back to the vet. Thank you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?

Not now...he definitely was until we got it cauterized and then it did start up again briefly yesterday.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Tucker...he is a very large (110 pound) Laboradoddle. He is 5 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

I mentioned....Tucker.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He has grain alergies and eats a raw diet which we are buying from a different source as of this month. He does seem to be itchy and is not thrilled with it. I am looking for an alternative in that direction also.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Initially this injury hurt, but it shouldn't be causing persistent discomfort at this time. I have a similar case at my ER about once a month. In all honesty this ear shouldn't be the issue at this time. If he's still eating well, moving well, breathing comfortably and orherwise normal - time may be the big treatment here needed. I would make sure his ears aren't inflamed on the inside or have debris. If they do, the. An ear infection has fired up and needs vet care.
Thank you very much.

I hope that Tucker is feeling better here soon!

I did not know I was going to be charged $37....a visit to my vet would be cheaper than that. I saw the $5.00 fee and thought that would be ok. I cannot afford to pay this ridiculous price for a typed answer. My dog was not seen....it was a conversation. I do not want my credit card charged for this ridiculous price I did not see advertised. I only saw the $5.00. I am sure this kind of scam reaches alot of people but I am not willing to be one of them.

I will send this on to a moderator to help you out with your refund. I'm only a veterinarian on here trying to help various individuals out. I don't have any part of the billing or the advertising side of the site. I hope you realize that the billing and advertisement aren't something have any part of or ever see. I hope again that Tucker is feeling better here soon.

Thank you...I truly appreciate your help with this.

No problem. Sorry for my delay as I have sent it off and that temporarily locks me out of the question. I hope all goes well!