Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a toy poodle, she will be five years old, next month.

I have a toy...

I have a toy poodle, she will be five years old, next month. I think she might be going through heat, her urine is darker than normal and she goes more frequently. for the last few days she has been very sluggish no energy, not eating much, she is warm and she vomited a couple times yesterday. What should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the toy poodle?

No, she has been healthy until now.

9/27/2017
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. More than likely, she is having a urinary tract infection instead. The urine may be dark or bloody, and they usually have the urge to urinate frequently, often with very little to no urine coming out. I would have your vet run a urinalysis on her. Chances are a round of antibiotics will clear this up. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian