Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Its more of General Question hoping you can help, If a 5…

Customer Question
Second opinion] HI its...

Second opinion] HI its more of General Question hoping you can help, If a 5 month old chow chow got a laceration on its neck 4inch length what would be the procedure and it would it still have a good chance of living?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the Chow Chow bleeding a lot?

Um since its a general question, idk. um lets say its bleeding moderatly?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Chow Chow's name?

Its more of Essay i was working on, just thought it be easier to ask someone.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Chow Chow?

No i dont think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. It really depends on how deep the laceration is and how long it has been there. If it is a fresh laceration, it is always best to suture it back together. If it is an old laceration, it may be easier to let it heal by scarring in and using a special topical ointment to help it heal faster. If it is deep, though, it may be better to clean out all the old, non-vital tissue first then close it. Unless it is bleeding profusely, and a lot of blood has been lost, there is no reason he shouldn't survive. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.