Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

What is the dosage of previcox for a 70lb Senior pit with…

Customer Question
What is the dosage...

What is the dosage of previcox for a 70lb Senior pit bull with arthritis? I know it says 2.27mg per lb. but the tablets I have just say 227. help please

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

She has osteoarthritis, she's old and in alot of pain.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Molly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Molly?

She was prescribed previcox

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. You can give her half tablet once daily. What dose was she put on?

2.27mg per pound of bodyweight
what about the hairs on her paws from keratin?

Hyperkeratosis on the pads is a really common thing that can happen with age. If it not bothering her, you can leave it alone. You can also keep the keratin fronds trimmed with scissors. To soften the pads, you can use salicylic acid lotion and petroleum jelly OR propylene glycol soaks mixed 50:50 with water. Either of these will help soften the keratin. You can find these products on amazon pretty easily. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Sara