Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 19lb dog ate a 220mg Alene fell cap, she takes no other

My 19lb dog ate a 220mg Alene fell cap, she takes no other medicine and is very healthy, is there concern
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No, she’s very healthy

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How many hours since she took the Aleve?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
30 minutes ago and yes I do

Please give me 5 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, 220mg of Aleve can cause gastrointestinal ulceration and kidney failure in a 19 lbs dog. I would try to get her to vomit quickly with peroxide 3%. This is what you can do:

1- Give her 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- If she does not vomit or you do not see the pill in the vomit I would take her to the nearest veterinarian for supportive care.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon! Dr. Peter