Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is having tremors. At first I thought it was hiccups,

Customer Question
She is having tremors...

She is having tremors. At first I thought it was hiccups, but quickly realizes it was uncontrollable muscle spasms.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

2 year old lab that just had tplo surgery on Thursday.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the animal?

She is continieing to have muscle spasms. Noy nearly as prominent and often as an hour ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the animal seem to hurt?

She isnt in pain.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the's name?

Sylvie. Could her medication cause it? Gabapentin, trazadone, rimadyl, and an antibiotic

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sylvie?

She just had tplo surgery on Thursday

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

What medication is Sylvie on, if any?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian