Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My lab has mucus or puss on his back. The stuff is on the…

Customer Question
My lab has green mucus...
My lab has green mucus or puss on his back. The green stuff is on the skin but beneath his hair. I don't see a wound or blood. The spot is not warm. When I dab the spot with a tissue it does not seem to cause any pain but he tries to scratch the spot. The spot is too high for him to reach.Is this pyoderma? If so, how can I treat at home?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Where is this located?

Can you share a picture?