Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Male Border Collie 2yrs. Very thin and not putting on weight…

Customer Question
Male Border Collie 2yrs ...

Male Border Collie 2yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Very thin and not putting on weight Active but seems quite stiff and sore after exercise. Bowles quite loose

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

2 Jerry

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How long have the bowels been loose?

What diagnostics have been performed by your vet thus far?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Any vomiting?

What food is being fed?

Bowels have been loose on and off for 10 months. I have consulted a vet due to the bowel issue. Prescribed anti biotics.
I have also noticed some blood in the stool.
No real changes to diet
Very little human food if any.
No stress or changes to environment.
He has been a very settled pup and is extremely gentle by nature. No destructive at all

Were any diagnostics performed such as a fecal analysis? Bloodwork?

Did the antibiotics help?

Is your companion on a monthly deworming regimen? If so, with what medication?

Can you share a picture of the stool you're seeing?

Was the stool ever normal?

How long have you owned Jerry?