Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 13 year old Pekingese His eye is really red. I

Customer Question
I have a 13...

I have a 13 year old Pekingese His eye is really red. I wonder if it is allergies because he has been sneezing. Do you have suggestions for home care? Thanks

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Pekingese's name?

Max

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

He bites. He has been having trouble with osteoarthritis

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this....so a red eye is not a specific ocular finding...this means your dog needs to be seen by your vet and have the following tests done:

eye pressure test, schirmer tear test, fluoroscein eye stain and gross opthalmic eye exam.....

as far as what this could be: glaucoma, corneal ulcer, dry eye, anterior uveitis, hypehema.....so full eye exam only way to get at cause.....

I hope that helps you....but let me know if you have any questions, DRB

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian