Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is in really bad pain hip dyplsa m arthistic she is…

Customer Question
My dog is in...

My dog is in really bad pain hip dyplsa m arthistic she is older 11 not wanting to walk she been on ganentin and tramadols for about 2 years but now she's not wanting to walk because of pain can I give her percocet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Well there is a long toe nail on her front paw but her back leg is very stiff and shakes

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

She's had this for a while now increasingly worse the past 6 mths I can see her

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Maggie

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

You can, yes, but the amount of acetaminophen in each of your pills is the limiting factor; for example, you shouldn't exceed 7 mg per pound of body weight of acetaminophen every 8 hours. How much oxycodone and acetaminophen are in each one of your Percocets, please?