Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is in really bad pain hip dyplsa m arthistic she is…

Customer Question
My dog is in...

My dog is in really bad pain hip dyplsa m arthistic she is older 11 not wanting to walk she been on ganentin and tramadols for about 2 years but now she's not wanting to walk because of pain can I give her percocet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Well there is a long toe nail on her front paw but her back leg is very stiff and shakes

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

She's had this for a while now increasingly worse the past 6 mths I can see her

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Maggie

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

You can, yes, but the amount of acetaminophen in each of your pills is the limiting factor; for example, you shouldn't exceed 7 mg per pound of body weight of acetaminophen every 8 hours. How much oxycodone and acetaminophen are in each one of your Percocets, please?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian