Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My friend is concerned about the mushrooms growing on her…

Customer Question
My friend is concerned...

My friend is concerned about the mushrooms growing on her lawn because she has a new puppy. Is there a more natural way to rid the mushrooms without poisoning the dog with chemicals?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the puppy ate?

She did not indicate that it ate any yet. That is why she wants to kill the mushrooms.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?

I just love my Daisy. Now I am worried because mushroom are growing in my grass. Have to go to get something to kill the mushrooms that will not hurt my dog. Always something." The problem is not the puppy. The problems is the mushrooms on the lawn.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

There are some chemical free options that I can research for you if you have a few moments. Honestly I have them grow in my yard and twice weekly "poop patrol" and pick any mushrooms from the base at the same time and this minimizes risks to my dogs. I haven't used any chemical sprays for this purpose I just do regular evaluation of my lawn to minimize the risk which has been pretty successful.

In addition I have had a few patients with mushroom toxicity using the same technique and there haven't been relapses for them either

Hopefully this helps but I will also do a check for options that are chemical free to minimize them from growing in your yard...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Mushrooms are a common problem for homeowners struggling to keep their lawns in top shape. Often stemming from decomposing material in your lawn, mushrooms can grow and spread quickly across the grass. One solution is to this problem is vinegar, a household item that works as a natural fungicide. With proper application, the acetic acid within the vinegar will kill the mushrooms and hinder their return.

This is a quote from THIS PAGE

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Awaiting response from the friend w/the mushrooms.

But you were able to view my responses, correct?

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both, I am online another few moments this evening