Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Vomiting clear or whitish mucus since early this morning.

Customer Question
Vomiting clear or whitish...

Vomiting clear or whitish mucus since early this morning

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Not sure. She is beagle/bulldog mix and tries to smell and eat everything outside. She is three yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Ella

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ella?

She is very attached to us, otherwise nothing unusual

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Just came back from vet..they did xrays but so far didn't see anything

Did they send you home with medication or give injectables to help with the vomiting?

They gave her an injection for the vomiting, gave her some food that is supposed to help with digestion.

Excellent. If this does not clear her symptoms, let me know.

Thank you..she slurped up the food and is sleeping now.

Crossing my fingers she's over the hump :)

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian