Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Going to the vet soon. Adopted pit/blue heeler September 1st…

Customer Question
Going to the vet...

Going to the vet soon. Adopted pit/blue heeler September 1st and the next day was dx with bronchitis and pnemonia and a good amount of parasites started her on interceptor plus pyrantel doxy and cephalexin and finished meds on Sept 17th she seemed better so started lepto/ bord on Fri 22nd and noticing now yesterday and today shallow rapid breathing again at a resting state lasting for longer then normal. She does not play alot she is timid but when she does get up and move doesn't seem to be out of breath. Is thyroid a possiblity she has a poor hair coat thinking hair around some areas scaling scabs and skin issues all together

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Smurf 1 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Smurf

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smurf?

Adopted from a rescue. was abused. Been supposedly treated for bronchitis once before being adopted. And the next day she started treatment again

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Can you attach a copy of what diagnostics and vet work Smurf has had both with the rescue and in your care?

2) What parasites were diagnosed?

3) Can you share pictures of the concern with the skin?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian