Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Dog ate bupropion but vommited it, will she be okay or

Dog ate bupropion but vommited it, will she be okay or should I take her to the vet

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Thankfully, Cuddles has self-decontaminated and there should be no need for a vet visit. How much does Cuddles weigh and how many mg of buproprion were in that pill, please?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
she is about 50 pounds. 150 mg buproprion

Sedation and lethargy can be seen at 5 mg/lb. She ingested just 150 mg/50 lbs = 3 mg/lb. Cuddles is likely to remain unaffected. There's no need for further treatment. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Hi Zob,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Cuddles. How is everything going?