Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog ate a whole swiffer duster, maybe even 2 of them

Customer Question
My dog ate a...

My dog ate a whole swiffer duster, maybe even 2 of them about 12 hours ago, she has pooped this morning and is actin fine right now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Sandy 7 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sandy?

She take Phenobarbital for seizures and is an 80 lbs golden doodle

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Was this just the wipes/towel like object you put on the bottom of the handle?

Thanks for the information. At 80 lbs, there is a good chance he will just pass these. It should be safe to keep an eye on him. Usually, you would expect to start seeing parts of this in the stool in 1-3 days, but sometimes it can take longer. As long as he is eating, drinking and not vomiting; he should be fine. If you start to see vomiting, lack of appetite, bloody stool or abdominal pain, I would have him evaluated by your vet immediately. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian