Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our 11 year old beagle whom is very overweight due to a

Customer Question
Our 11 year old...

Our 11 year old beagle whom is very overweight due to a thyroid issue and is on medication has been having very loose stool with fresh bright red blood in them.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do. What is the beagle's name?

Cooper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cooper?

He is a 15 inch beagle that weighs 60 pounds. We don't know anything about his origin as we adopted him from the local shelter 10 years ago. He has always been eager to go for walks and be with us at all times. Now he hardly eats but is not losing weight and he stays in our bedroom all the time sleeping. How much is this service since my vet will be open by 10 this morning and she is around the corner from us

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Absolutely no changes in diet whatsoever. Cooper only plays with his own toys that are the Bong Brand so they don't fall apart.
We do not give him bones or people food at all. He has always been given one Greenie a day for his teeth. That's about it.

No I am not going to authorize any more payments. I will contact my Vet as she is in office now. Thank you for your time, which by the way I got no indication of what I should do or what it could be. So total amount I have paid you 27.00 CA.So please cancel my membership and I will notify my bank to not allow any payments going forward. Regards, ****

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian