Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog of three years and a half is a Cavoodle. He is

Customer Question
My name is Carole...

My name is Carole. My dog of three years and a half is a Cavoodle. He is fabulous most of the time. Today for no obvious he started biting the leg of a very nice velvet chair as he has done on and off before as well as scratching the polished wooden floor. It is as if he is possessed. I daren't touch or go near him as he would bight me very badly. Mac has done this before on and off, He had been for a walk in the park. I am wondering if is caused by the hot weather. I feel so sorry for him as he gets very manic.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Dog Trainer. What is the dog's name?

Dear Pearl, do you have any suggestions? Cheers Carole

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about your dog?

Not that I can think of. He is very fond of me and spends most of the day somewhere near me. My husband was at work today and I am at home.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 11 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi Carole,

Welcome to Just Answer. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

What training has your Cavoodle had?

How many times a day is he fed?

Is he chewing on the leg of the chair or snapping at it?

Does he only become aggressive toward you if you tray and stop the behavior or just because you get close to him?

Does he have any problems with hair breakage or shedding (I know they are not supposed to shed but I need to ask)?

I am so sorry Jane,I swill be in touch soonCheersCarole
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 10 months ago

Whenever you are ready just let me know the answers to my request for more information and we can proceed at that time.

It has been awhile so I was wondering if you forgot that you had an open request. I'm still available. If you wish to answer the questions I asked before, they should be visible if you scroll up. Thanks.