Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He's 10 years old and being treated for seizures with

Customer Question
He's 10 years old...

He's 10 years old and being treated for seizures with Zonismide and this evening he is uncoordinated and cannot walk. The vet says this is a side affect of the drug so I'm doing some research on your site.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

Hunter

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hunter?

Hes not having the convulsive seizures ... more like he's not there and slobbering with out stretched legs its not easy to explain lol He's not had any for a few days now that we've changed his meds he takes 100 mg x2 in the morning and x3 at night ... 12 hour intervals

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

We had to put him to sleep. We found out he had pancreatic cancer.

I am so sorry to hear.

Thank you

.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian