Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I gave him 1/4 tab of cerenia in the middle of the night.

Customer Question
I gave him 1/4...

I gave him 1/4 tab of cerenia in the middle of the night. But realized he had and continues to have diarrhea and I am wondering if I can give him 1/4 tab of metronidazole too. He is a 11.6 pound yorkie. Tell me about your service.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Diarrhea now; thought it was just naseau so gave hime cerenia at 4:30 this a.m. but continues to have diarrhea. So wondering about giving him the anti diarrhea medication mentioned above.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He doesn't seem to hurt. Just won't eat and has diarrhea.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Festus

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Festus?

Cannot tolerate fats - is on low fat diet. Have to watch his triglycerides.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I may have overfed him last night. He ate at 6:00 and then he kept licking his bowl so at 9:30 when we got home I gave him boiled chicken with his low fat hard food. Is boiled chicken breasts bad for a dog that has to watch his tryglicerides?
Is someone still working on the answer?
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 11 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Cerenia and Metronidazole are safe to be given together. They are frequently prescribed together. Metronidazole is an antibiotic that is used to fight many infections that cause diarrhea.

Boiled chicken is good to give a dog when he has stomach issues as it is very bland. It shouldn't be fine.

I hope I've given you great service. If so, I'd appreciate a 5 star rating. The rating should be based on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated until a rating is done. If you have any other questions at all, please reply here and I'll be happy to follow up with you even after you have rated. .