Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has been drinking a lot more water today and his

Customer Question
My dog has been...

My dog has been drinking a lot more water today and his stomach seems swollen. He is still urinating and has pooped multiple times which is normal for him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Porter, 3 1/2 years old German short hair pointer

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Porter?

He has been coughing intermittently for a about a month but today ahs been coughing more.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has his urine been dilute/watery or does it appear normal?

Is the stool loose?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are his gums pink, yellow tinted or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?