Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has been running temp between 101 to 103. the vets here…

Customer Question
She has been running...

She has been running temp between 101 to 103. the vets here have put her on Amoxicillin 500mg & Enrofloxacin 136mg. She will eat a little & drink water every hour. She acts ok but the temp. and her right hind li

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

She has been running temp between 101 to 103. the vets here have put her on Amoxicillin 500mg & Enrofloxacin 136mg. She will eat a little & drink water every hour. She acts ok but the temp. and her right hind leg she is limping on. I think she needs to take a dump but is unable - What can I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes, the 2 vets in la, nm say it might be a parasite infections. there is nothing new on her body. I can rub her all over and she does not cry or move at all.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Tunes

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tunes?

No, just that she is not Tunes even after a week of medicine.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has she been showing signs?

What tests have her vets done? Any tests with regards ***** ***** lameness?

Any retching, lip licking, drooling, vomiting or breathing changes?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Is she straining like she needs to pass stool?