Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

The hair is falling out at the tips ...yes he shakes his…

Customer Question
The hair is falling...

The hair is falling out at the tips ...yes he shakes his head and licks his paws

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Pomeranian Doxi

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the Pomeranian's name and age?

Sacsha 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sacsha?

I'm not sure?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he been showing these signs?

Where on his body is he losing hair? Is it leaving bald patches?

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?

Any diet change in the 2 months before this started?

What flea treatment did you use? When did you last apply it?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.