Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Older Lab with bladder caner and blood vessel cancer 80 lbs…

Customer Question
Older Lab with bladder...

Older Lab with bladder caner and blood vessel cancer 80 lbs arthritis in hind legs starting to drip at the mouth don t know if this is pain or what I can do for the poor guy

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Willlie 12 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Willlie?

Thats about sums it up he has some serious cancer and I don t want him in pain

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Is he stiff or sore with his back legs?

Any change in appetite or thirst?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, or vomiting?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain? Sore anywhere else?

What treatments is he on for his cancer?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian