Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She has a uti. Not eating. Minimal urination. Frequency. I

gave her cranberry pills and...
She has a uti. Not eating. Minimal urination. Frequency. I gave her cranberry pills and olive leaf caps yesterday. 1 cranberry cap today.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sweetie 7yo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No. Minimal appetite last few days.
I also added a.c. vinegar to her water
9/23/2017
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? Was the uti diagnosed with a urinalysis?

A few days. No test done. I'm a RN and saw these as.
Symptoms

Okay so you haven't seen him urinate a full stream? Other issues you may need to worry about in addition to an UTI would also be a possibility of stones in her bladder as well especially if you are not seeing a full stream of urine

If it continues with cranberry . Olive leaf and a.c. vinegar. Are these good choices?

I would continue with the cranberry. I wouldn't recommend the vinegar just in case there is a possibility that there are stones. The vinegar can change the ph of the urine which may favor one type of stone over the other.

Thank you!

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

In advance, Thanks for giving a rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today and help me better serve customers in the future.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks Dr. Alleyne

Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian