Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has blood in his urine. Buddy. 8 years

Customer Question
My dog has blood...

My dog has blood in his urine

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Buddy

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Buddy?

8 years

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? Any straining when urinating?

condition exist of and on for a year ! I had blood work done nothing found also ultrasound with no result.
There is no straining when he urinates
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 10 months ago

Sorry I was away from my computer when you responded. Is he neutered at all?

he is neutered

Okay is the blood in the urine with every time he urinates or just ocassionally? If the ultrasound and the x-ray is not showing anything then you may want to ask about possible have a scope of the bladder to see if they see anything unusual then.

Thanks for the information !
I was thinking of maybe a type of medicine