Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have an 8 year old standard poodle who is a certified

Customer Question
I have an 8...

I have an 8 year old standard poodle who is a certified therapy dog. The last 3 nights she has woken me up at midnight to go out and pee. Now she is barking at me during the day to be let out when she was just out to pee. I wonder if she has a bladder infection or something?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

Molly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?

She is a rescue that I got when she was 9 months old and she was blind. She had cataract surgery when she was 16 months old and has been fine since then. Always been healthy. Stupid people breed a brother and sister and why she was blind with cataracts. Great dog and great therapy dog at nursing homes and hospital.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. My first thought is that she does have a urinary tract infection. Your vet should run a urinalysis to confirm that and make sure nothing else is going on, like kidney problems or diabetes. There isn't much you can do for a urinary tract infection at home. She would need to be on antibiotics. You can use a cranberry supplement for dogs. That may help a little, but it wouldn't clear it up. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Molly is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian