Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He's pulling hair out all around tail and on top, pulling…

Customer Question
He's pulling hair out...

He's pulling hair out all around tail and on top, pulling out hair and cries and howl's day and night; don't know what to do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Roo and he's 2 y.o.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roo?

He's chewing nails, chews paper no meds or anything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Roo is appearing in pain and pulling the hair out from the tail base. I am sorry to hear about that, but I can help you find out what is wrong. I just need to ask a couple follow up questions.

Is Roo currently on a flea prevention? Finally, do you see any redness on the skin under the armpits? Thank you. I will be standing by.