Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

The dog has been vomiting about 4 times a week for a few…

Customer Question
The dog has been...

The dog has been vomiting about 4 times a week for a few weeks, came in and acted like he was going to poop inside so let him out and he lifted ed his leg and peed and then licked it up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Scruffy and he’s about 14 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Scruffy?

He’s a cockapoo and he has lots of these growth things all over his body. He’s had them a long time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What is he bringing up in his vomit?

Any change to his food or water intake?

Did his urine look more dilute or darker then usual?

Have his stools been loose?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian