Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have dog that has liver problems. The vet and the rescue…

Customer Question
I have foster dog...

I have foster dog that has liver problems. The vet and the rescue owner are on the outs because of a high bill that has not been paid. I paid for the meds $42.00 out of pocket because I did not want the dog to wait while they were figuring things out. I thought I was getting an antibiotic but got Denamarin which I could have gotten $10.00 cheaper at Walmart. Notl sure what to do. My husband is on hospice and we don't have much money.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 12 years old. I have only had himsince the middle of June, but he was severely neglected and abused

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?

He is going blind, hard of hearing and had 11 teeth pulled right after we got him. His appetite is great, he pees and poops quite well and is very attached to me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/22/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Bailey has liver disease and is currently being treated with Denamarin. I am sorry to hear about this problem. I would love to learn more about Bailey's condition. Do you happen to know what values were elevated and how elevated they were?