Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog jumped over a baby gate and took a small tumble down…

Customer Question
My dog jumped over...

My dog jumped over a baby gate and took a small tumble down some wooden stairs. Now she won't put weight on her back left leg. She will put some weight on it if you lift her back right leg and force her to but other wise she is limping around holding it off the ground. The only thing that seems to hurt her is if you push her leg up against her body from underneath.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes, can't find anything on her foot.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Chloe, 9

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago was her tumble?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint?

Any joint swellings or puffiness?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian