Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My german shepherd is 3 years old, he is a in door dog - how…

Customer Question
My german shepherd is...

My german shepherd is 3 years old, he is a in door dog - how do I get rid of his order

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

How to reduce the smell and how often should I bathe him, also what the beet food to feed hm

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

3 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

When I try to bathe him, he's all over the place. He's too big for me, my son gives bathes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/22/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. As far as bathing, most dogs can be bathed every week to couple of weeks to help keep them smelling better. Some can have odors from their mouth or ears and this is something that requires other care to get that fixed. As far as the bathing itself, it is something that some dogs like and others don't like. A lot will find that they like it better and better as they realize it is something that isn't that bad for them. The odors though can be picked up quicker in some environments due to what they are getting into / laying on when outside. If he's scratching or biting at an area, then he may have some skin irritation in that region that could be helping to add to an odor. AS far as what to feed him that is best? That is the million dollar question. Honestly, the best food is the one that is easily accessible for you, he does well on it (likes to eat it, doesn't have diarrhea or vomiting on it, isn't overweight from excess eating of it), and it is in your price range. There are lots of good diets out there and the companies I like are Purina, Hills, Waltham, Iams, Blue Buffalo, etc..