Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Looking for a holistic vet with knowledge and experience for…

Customer Question
Looking for a holistic vet...
Looking for a holistic vet with knowledge and experience for treatment of symptoms and a nutrition plan for my dog with Stage 3 chronic kidney disease
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Test results as of 9/20
BUN: 88
Creatinine: 4
Phosphorous: 7.9
Urine protein Creatinine (UPC): 1.8
Sodium and Potassium within normal limits
Blood pressure: 130
Medications:
Benazepril 2x/day
150 ml Lactated Ringers solution 1x/day
Fish oil and vitamin E
Aluminum Hydroxide powder 2.5 teaspoon/day
Also taking Omeprazol daily
Alternating Zofran and Cerenia daily
Occasional use of Reglan
Answered in 1 day by:
9/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Holistic means paying attention to the entire body while focusing on just a part. Any competent vet should treat in a holistic manner. Did you mean homeopathic, instead? Please let me know and I'll opt out to allow a naturopath to enter this conversation. You appear to be addressing a stage III patient very nicely. If you're interested in a home-cooked recipe for Winston, please tell me which primary protein (beef, chicken, salmon, eggs, tofu) Winston would prefer and I'll provide you wish such a recipe.

a vet that has experience/training in homeopathy and knowledge of veterinary nutrition for home cooking.

I'll opt out now. It would be best if you could emend your post by replacing "holistic" with "homeopathic".

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian