Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Trying to get rid of mites. If I spray windex on floor and…

Customer Question
Trying to get rid...

Trying to get rid of mites. If I spray windex on floor and dog eats food from, or licks, the floor, will the dog be harmed?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

4 dogs - all adult rescues, chi and chi-mix. Ages maybe 6 or 7 to 12.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Maggie, Tina, Chili Dog & Nina

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Maggie?

No. All the dogs are in good health. Nina does need dental later this year.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/22/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The ingredients in Windex - water, 2-hexoxyethanol,isopropanolamine, sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate, lauramine oxide, ammonium hydroxide, fragrance, and Liquitint sky blue dye - are of very low toxicity in the amounts found in the product and so as with ingesting anything unusual transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea can arise but your dogs wouldn't be intoxicated and would remain safe. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?