Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is an American Bulldog, 75lbs he was hit by a car.

my dog is an American...
my dog is an American Bulldog, 75lbs he was hit by a car. Not sure where on his body the impact was, but the car was not going very fast. My dog has a few bloody scraps on his foot pads, non tender when I press his abdomen or ribs. He is responsive, awake and calm. He is walking and does not appear to have any broken bones. After his initial trembling he is acting as normal.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: It only looks to be road rash on his front paw and back paw on the same only on one side of his body
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Staley 2 1/2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Staley?
Customer: He did appear to be incontinent of urine at the time of the accident
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you....

so.....unfortunately dogs can look good on outside and have major problems on inside that might not manifest for a few days....

such as ruptured bladder or broken back veterbrae....or partially injured spleen....

those are not necessarily the case but can certainly happen.......

so make sure your dog is urinating...this is super important.....make sure gums stay nice and pink...

What would the sign and symptoms be?

lethargy, lack of appetite, vomiting, pale gums, not urinating...

obviously I have to recommend that you see a vet asap....

do you have any pain medicines for your dog?

OK thank you so much for your advice.

do you have any pain meds?

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

do you need any additional help?

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian