Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is acting very lame. Kinda lethargic and unbalanced. She…

Customer Question
Hi she is acting...

Hi she is acting very lame. Kinda lethargic and unbalanced. She is a 10 month old mastiff

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Leia

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leia?

No she was perfectly healthy before today. I got home from work and it doesnt seem that she got into anything. Could she just have some kind of bug?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She is current on all vaccinations and heart worm/flea prevention
Im trying to send pictures of her gums, but I don't know if they are coming through. Her gums look fine to me. She isnt eating her treats like normal. She picks it up but just holds it in her mouth and finally ate it 5 mins later. I took her outside and all of a sudden she was running like the wind but still acting kinda weird
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebekah Kane, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Rebekah Kane
Rebekah Kane, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane and I will do all I can to try and assist you with Leia tonight. Any way you can upload a video of this behavior (the lethargy, unbalanced gait)?