Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My yorkie has a collapsed trachea as well as an enlarged…

Customer Question
My yorkie has a...

My yorkie has a collapsed trachea as well as an enlarged heart. She is on vetmedin and enalipril and is doing great as far as her heart is concerned. I purchased an herbal product from Pet Wellbeing called 'Throat Gold" Can I administer this to my pet? I am looking for something to ease her throat.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Yorkie?

She is 12 years old and still very active.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. There is nothing in there that would be a concern with heart disease. It is worth a try. If not helping in a week, or if the coughing is getting worse, I would definitely stop it and talk to your vet about other cough medications they can prescribe. In most cases, Robitussin DM (only DM formulation) and is safe with heart disease. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how your Yorkie is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian