Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog is throwing up foam since yesterday what can I do for…

Customer Question
Dog is throwing up...

Dog is throwing up white foam since yesterday what can I do for her

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Sadie 1 year

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your girl. Despite the bringing up of the foam, is she bringing up any food? Is she still eating well? Is she acting down and depressed?

she is not eating dog food so I started feeding her chicken and rice she is keeping that down, yes she is acting depressed
she also has a little whessing in her

Ok. One of the things I start to question about is if this white material / foam that is being brought up is actually being coughed up. If she is truly vomiting, it would seem that she'd bring up some of the chicken that she's eating. So if she's eating chicken and this isn't being brought up with the white foam, then I'd be curious that she could have trachea irritation that is causing a lot of coughing. One of the most common things that causes tracheal irritation for a young dog is kennel cough.