Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is experiencing what appears to be extreme anxiety. Not…

Customer Question
He is experiencing what...

He is experiencing what appears to be extreme anxiety. Not sure what to do

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Lhassa apso "dog"

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Itching, licking himself a lot, and scratching at the door when left alone. There was a rash...but it seems to be clearing up with the shampoo I bought.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Jaxon is 6yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Jaxon?

6yrs old we recently moved....

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jaxon?

He started peeing on the floor/ even after being taken out....and the scratching became more extreme

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 11 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

The fact that you moved can have an impact on an older dog.

When did you move to the new place and how long did Jaxon live in the old house?

What type of food are you feeding Jaxon? This can make a difference in the rash.

Does he often lick the paws?

Is he scratching all over?