Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog was bitten near and maybe in the eye (the part of the…

Customer Question
My dog was bitten...

My dog was bitten near and maybe in the eye (the white part of the eye) by my other dog who was fighting to get at another dog that wandered into our backyard.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?

No the bleeding has stopped but the eye is swollen. When it first happened, we examined the pupil and that looked fine. it was the upper white part of the eye that looked slightly lacerated and was slightly bleeding. I had Neo Poly Dex and put that in her eye just now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Sadie and she's 7 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?

She takes chinese herbs for urinary incontinence and also for an aural hematoma.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian