Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just notice a pimple like bulge on my dogs forehead.

Customer Question
I just notice a...

I just notice a pimple like bulge on my dogs forehead. Definitely wasn't there this morning.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Yukon. He's 14 we believe.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Yukon?

Not really he was treated for a cut on his paw a few weeks back.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Are you able to take a picture of the area? Does it seem to bother him at all

It doesn't seem to bother him. Doesn't seem to be in distress. Doesn't seem to be pawing at it.

Okay thanks for the picture. Based on the picture and on his age I suspect that mass could likely be some type of wart. If that is the case then it will likely either grow very slowly or stay that size for a long time. In some case these warts can bleed easily if he happens to rub on the area. If that mass changes in size or shape rapidly then I would be worried that it could be something more serious

Ok, should I be worry that it grew in like 4 hours?

I would only worry if it continues to grow throughout the day. If it looks the same size tomorrow then I wouldn't worry much and I would recommend watching it closely. Otherwise if there are any more changes then I would definitely recommend getting it tested

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian