Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is a 4 year old female terrier mix. She is spayed.

Customer Question
My dog is a...

My dog is a 4 year old female terrier mix. She is spayed. Last couple of days she has had a clear mucus discharge after peeing maybe once a day. Her behavior is normal, no signs of pain or discomfort. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

Can't think of anything, unless you have specific questions. Like I said, everything seems to be perfectly normal with her. She's not leaving wet spots where she's been laying either.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. It may not be anything serious. It most likely is a vaginitis, though. Bacteria or yeasts can cause that. As long as she is acting normal, it probably isn't an emergency, but I would have your vet check this out, take a swab and look under the microscope. If this starts to turn a greenish or yellowish color, it most likely is a bacterial vaginitis at that point. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 10 months ago

Hello. I was just following up to see how your Terrier mix is doing and to see if you have any other questions.