Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I was just wanting to know if i can give my 20 pound

Customer Question
Hello,i was just wanting...

Hello,i was just wanting to know if i can give my 20 pound daschund claritin along with cytopoint injection? Cytpoint helps a little for the ear mite fecie allergies,but not much for grasa allergies

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Bubba,and thanks

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Bubba?

11

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bubba?

He was diagnosed with ear mite fecie allergies about 3 years ago,and they progressively get worse by the year

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. Yes the two medications can be used together. In fact, there are no known drug interactions with Cytopoint. While Claritin is usually safe at 5 mg per 20 lbs daily, I would check with your vet before starting to make sure there are no contraindications in Bubba's history for Claritin. I would not use Claritin-D. Anything with a -D on it has a decongestant and should not be used ever with dogs. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Bubba is doing and to see if you have any other questions.