Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a toothache. what can i do to help? his jaw has a…

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a toothache. what can i do to help? his jaw has a knot and I don't have the money to take him to the vet right now. I called my local vet and they won't see him without payment and I can't pay anything until I get paid next thursday and I know he's in pain. I also called a animal hospital that sometimes gives vouchers to help but they are not open today. Can you help me with a suggestion of something I can get him over the counter?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is Hospital?

How old is the hospital?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hospital?

My dog's name is ***** ***** he's 4years old He doesn't have anything wrong with him. He's been healthy since I've had him.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are worried about Scooby being in pain. I hope you can get this knot on his jaw checked out soon.

How much does he weigh? The only over the counter medication that is safe to give to dogs is aspirin. Some dogs will vomit and can't take it, but if given with food it can be safe. No Advil, or Aleve. I need to know how big a dog he is to tell you a safe dose of aspirin.

He weighs about 16lbs

You can give 1/2 to 1 baby aspirin (low dose aspirin) with food, once to twice daily. If he vomits, do not give it again.

Please let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.

Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 10 months ago

I did not hear back from you; how is Scooby doing? Was my answer helpful?

How is Scooby doing? Was my answer helpful?

​Kindly consider rating my answer (smiley faces or stars) if this was helpful.